California Fires Ham Radio

AH2AP

Technology Enthusiast

Yes.. Some people in government positions are clueless.

Last edited:

AH2AP

Technology Enthusiast
You dont suppose the disapproval is biased on the assumption that it would be overturned?

I think if the state decided to start charging every repeater owner $1000 to $1500 every month for rent that it would be catastrophic to all two meter activities in the state.

The level of activity is already suffering without adding rent.

AH2AP

Technology Enthusiast
In addition, maybe the opposition is politically driven. Sometimes people make a decision to join an idea made from one side over another biased on whether or not the idea stems from a conservative or liberal.

KY4TRK

James
Staff member
In addition, maybe the opposition is politically driven. Sometimes people make a decision to join an idea made from one side over another based on whether or not the idea stems from a conservative or liberal.
all that is a plausibility sean.

KY4TRK

James
Staff member
ARRL logo-and-logotype 2016_8.jpg

Report Causes Concern and Confusion in California’s Amateur Radio Ranks
10/15/2019
By all credible and reliable accounts, the State of California has not turned its back on Amateur Radio as an emergency communication resource nor have established repeater owners been asked to remove their equipment from state-owned sites unless they pay sizeable fees. The California controversy, inflamed by a viral YouTube video, stemmed from a California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) communication telling a repeater owner or group that Amateur Radio equipment would have to be removed from a state-owned site or “vault” if the owner(s) determined the cost was too great to proceed with a formal application to keep it there.

Read more at link above

AH2AP

Technology Enthusiast
Lorna Pisi wrote the letter.
Screenshot_20191017-063638_YouTube.jpg

I do believe it was an over reaction though. After reading more about it, I learned that this has been going on for years.

Last edited: