D-Star

BOB

I am a newbe to the Ham world and am waiting for a date to test for my Lic. In the mean time I got my transceiver (I-com 5100A) and set it all up and with Larry's help got a duel band ant. Everything is working great. But I was wondering if it's possible to just lesson to the activity on the D-star repeaters. Right now if I use the dv band all I see is the activity on the channel but no audio. I know you have to have a call sign to register to use the repeater but be for I get my lic. are they a way to just lesson .
Thank You,
Bob

KY4TRK

James KY4TRK Activity Director
Staff member
here is a link for listing to D-Star. Broadcastify - Listen Live to Police, Fire, EMS, Aviation, and Rail Audio Feeds you may also have to run a such under "listen D-Star". there is a few app's to listen to d-star... you just need a call sign there is an app called peanut you can use.
@BOB you should be able to listen to some of the repeaters if they are up and running. I don't know about D-star you have to be registered to link into the reflector's to do so. and the call sign has to be programmed into the radio for all that to work. though should be able to listen to the Regular FM repeaters I have the same Radio
You could test through W5YI Group online. here i9s a link to the contact page W5YI : - Contact Us if you want to speed up the process in doing so. I think that our using Zoom.US for doing this in an online way.
here are some links

Last edited:

BOB

here is a link for listing to D-Star. Broadcastify - Listen Live to Police, Fire, EMS, Aviation, and Rail Audio Feeds you may also have to run a such under "listen D-Star". there is a few app's to listen to d-star... you just need a call sign there is an app called peanut you can use.
@BOB you should be able to listen to some of the repeaters if they are up and running. I don't know about D-star you have to be registered to link into the reflector's to do so. and the call sign has to be programmed into the radio for all that to work. though should be able to listen to the Regular FM repeaters I have the same Radio
You could test through W5YI Group online. here i9s a link to the contact page W5YI : - Contact Us if you want to speed up the process in doing so. I think that our using Zoom.US for doing this in an online way.
here are some links
Thank you for all your help. Took my test online and it was a great . Just waiting for FCC.
All the online testing was all booked up but I found a station in Oregon(W5YI) and got right in in about 2 days waiting.
Thank You Again
Bob

Top Bottom